| The Estate Planning Team's Planning
* Clarity Is Power.
* Planning is about peace of mind, not taxes, trusts, probate, etc.
* You are not immortal.
* Pay yourself first.
* Maximize your employee benefits package.
* Plan for the worst, hope for the best.
* One of the certainties in life is change; plan for it.
* Use the government’s money (and your employer’s) whenever you can.
* Don’t pay taxes on money that you don’t spend.
* Planning is about doing the right thing at the right time for the right reason with the right tool.
* Coordinate your Advisors.
* A plan will not work without ongoing maintenance.
* Every planning tool has pluses and minuses.
* Use the available tax laws and strategies to your advantage
* Don’t defer taxes to a higher tax bracket.
* Don’t default to the most expensive plan--the government’s. Take action.
* The financial services industry is designed for those who practice in it, not for those whom it is supposed to serve.